STRONG_AUTH_REQUIRED

James Andrewartha jamesa at daa.com.au
Wed Dec 12 05:14:22 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 17:15 -0200, Fernando Ribeiro wrote:
>       How to fix STRONG_AUTH_REQUIRED error? (My ldapserver is master)
>       I'm receiving this error while using modify(dn, modlist)
>       I have a bind with rootdn and rootpw right.

How are you connecting and binding to the server? Simple bind or SASL?
Unencrypted or SSL/TLS? Also, which LDAP server is it? OpenLDAP can be
configured to require stronger authentication for modifications - search
for ssf (Security Strength Factor) in the slapd.access(5) and
slap.conf(5) man pages.

James Andrewartha