Problem with python-ldap !!!

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Feb 19 15:19:04 CET 2008

Philippe Bouige wrote:

>     I work with sun/solaris and I try compute python-ldap with
>     open-ldpa and I have this error !!! How to do ?

Sorry, I refuse to answer further direct e-mails not coming from
my customers. Please post further questions on the python-ldap-dev
mailing list (Cc:-ed) so that other subscribers on the list can
answer and learn as well.

> include_dirs: /usr/local/include /usr/include
> library_dirs: /usr/local/lib /usr/lib
 > [..]
> build/temp.solaris-2.9-sun4u-2.4/Modules/constants.o
> Modules/constants.c: In function `LDAPinit_constants':
> Modules/constants.c:126: error: `LDAP_MOD_INCREMENT' undeclared
>  (first use in this function) Modules/constants.c:126: error:
> (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> Modules/constants.c:126: error: for each function it appears
> in.) Modules/constants.c:208: error: `LDAP_AVA_NULL' undeclared
> (first use in this function) error: command '/local/bin//gcc'
> failed with exit status 1

Probably you're actually trying to build with the LDAP libs
pre-installed with Solaris. That won't work. You have to edit the
parameters above to reflect the position of your local OpenLDAP
2.3.x or 2.4.x installation and avoid lib conflicts by other means.