how to write filter argumnt for search function of LDAPObject class

Yang Cheng Fu ChengFu.Yang at gameloft.com
Mon Mar 10 05:45:06 CET 2008

Hi guys,

I am trying to access windows Active directory by using python-ldap, but I do not know how to write filter argument for search function.

search(base, scope [,filterstr='(objectClass=*)' [, attrlist=None [, attrsonly=0]]]).

For example: A filter sting which based on RFC4515 (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc4515.html) is "(&(objectclass=organizationalUnit)(c=*))". From the docs of python-ldap, the forms of the argument, ('cn=fred*') and ('objectClass=*') can be found.

I’d like to know how to write the sting of "(&(objectclass=organizationalUnit)(c=*))" for search function. I am not sure where it is enough to answer my question, if you need more information, just ask.

Thanks a lot

-------

YANG ChengFu

Unix Administrator

Gameloft -- Global Network Services (GNS)

* mailto:chengfu.yang at gameloft.com

* +86(10)8260-7783 ext.8221

believed to be clean.