Removing person names in python-ldap's source files

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Mar 20 13:28:36 CET 2008

David Leonard wrote:
> Michael Ströder wrote:
>>
>> inspired by a presentation the Subversion guys gave (as Google tech
>> talk) I'd like to remove all person names from the source code files.
>> Instead authors/contributors are all listed in README.
>>
>> I already removed *my* name from all the python modules it appeared
>> in. Now I'd like to ask for the permission, especially by David, to
>> remove all other person names from the files Modules/*.
>
> Is the tech talk presentation online?

"How Open Source Projects Survive Poisonous People (And You Can Too)"

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=-4216011961522818645

Fortunately we didn't have this kind of problems in the past. But I wanted
to avoid discussions about when a personal name on source or documentation
is mentioned.

> It sounds like a good idea; please
> move my name out of source files.: you have my permission.

Ok, done. Also in Doc/.

> The commit
> info is probably going to be sufficient :)

Yes. And the contributors are and will be listed in README.