cvs link

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Mar 27 10:46:32 CET 2008

HI!

please send messages like this to the mailing list
python-ldap-dev at lists.sourceforge.net (Cc:-ed) so others can answer and
learn as well. Thanks.

meldra wrote:

> I've been trying the past few days to easy_install
> python-ldap, but found out a few minutes ago that the CVS
> link that pypi gets from the web page is incorrect. error:
> Download error for
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/python-ldap-cvsroot.tar.gz:
> (113, 'No route to host')

Frankly I don't know anything about easy_install.

> Is there any way you can fix this?
> Here is the information I was given on the sourceforge forums:
> Posted 16 hours ago by silverfang
> Thats the old way with the cvs, svn browse.
> Try projectname.cvs.sourceforge.net/projectname/

Yes, it's an old URL. But where exactly does it come from? The only pypi
entry for python-ldap I know of is

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-ldap/

And this is the one I'm still maintaining. I might have missed something though.