high level API for ldap object handling

Olivier Sessink oliviersessink at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 21:25:59 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I've been using python-ldap a lot, thanks for the great work!

In my use of python-ldap I've often used a self-developed high level
class for ldap-object handling.

Adding a new ldap entry for example (ld is a python-ldap object):

lo = LdapOO.LdapObject()
lo.set_dn_attribs(['cn'])
lo.add_attribute_value('cn','test2')
lo.set_base_dn('ou=People,o=myorg')
lo.add_attribute_value('objectClass','inetOrgPerson')
lo.commit_s(ld)

or modifying an existing ldap entry:

res=ld.search_s('ou=People,o=fakenet',ldap.SCOPE_SUBTREE,'(sn=surname)')
lo = LdapOO.LdapObject(res[0][0],res[0][1])
lo.add_attribute_value('sn','surname')
if (not lo.has_attribute('street')):
	lo.add_attribute_value('street','new street')
lo.commit_s(ld)

since I use this class often, I was wondering if there are more people
that like such a high-level API, and perhaps this can be developed
further and added to python-ldap ?

regards,
	Olivier Sessink