Who is using python-ldap with Python 1.5.x and 2.0-2.2?

Torsten Kurbad python-ldap at tk-webart.de
Mon Jun 16 16:54:45 CEST 2008

Hi!

>> I'd like to hear from the Python community whether support for Python
>> version prior to 2.3 is still needed in python-ldap. Please tell me
>> which Python version you're using and why it'd be important for you to
>> have python-ldap updates still supporting it.

We are solely using 2.4.4 at the moment and will move to 2.5 as soon as
the restricted Python in Zope3 fully supports it.

> IMHO it's really not a big deal to tell people they must use older
> python-ldap releases if they insist on running Python versions that
> are no longer supported by anyone.

Exactly my opinion!

Best regards,
Torsten
--
Never make anything simple and efficient when a way can be found to
make it complex and wonderful.              - Murphy's Law No. 13 -