Who is using python-ldap with Python 1.5.x and 2.0-2.2?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Mon Jun 16 19:48:33 CEST 2008

Ryan Lovett wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 03:48:39PM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
>> I'd like to hear from the Python community whether support for Python
>> version prior to 2.3 is still needed in python-ldap. Please tell me
>> which Python version you're using and why it'd be important for you to
>> have python-ldap updates still supporting it.
>
> We're using the versions that ship with any Ubuntu LTS.

Can you please explain what that means for the Python versions available
in the Ubuntu repository?

Just a side note:
I vaguely remember that Ubuntu also uses Debian packages (please correct
me if I'm wrong). And since there were Debian packages heavily patched
in May 2007 to still work with ancient OpenLDAP libs 2.1 and Debian
links OpenLDAP to gnutls (which is insecure and sometimes crashes) I
don't give any support for their python-ldap packages. Even the API
might not be compatible...