Reading groups from LDAP

Melita Mihaljevic melita.mihaljevic at
Wed Jun 18 18:06:12 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Michael Ströder <michael at>

> Michael Ströder wrote:
>> Melita Mihaljevic wrote:
>>> My search filter is (it's all in one line):
>>> search_filter =
>>> '(|(&(objectClass=groupOfUniqueNames)(uniqueMember=uid=usera*))
>>> (&(objectClass=groupOfNames)(member=uid=usera*))
>>> (&(objectClass=posixGroup)(memberUid=usera*)))'
>> Why do you want to do wildcard searches? This is not guaranteed to work
>> since some of the member attributes might not even have a SUBSTR matching
>> rule assigned.
> Because I know only uid and don't now the other user informations

> And note that user-IDs might not always be in the attribute 'uid'. It's
> perfectly valid that a user enters his e-mail address into the login form
> and you first have to search for the user's entry which might not have
> attribute 'uid' set at all.

Because in the MoinMoin I search only groups with uid in it,only those are
important for me.

Melita MIhaljevic|melita.mihaljevic at| melita.mihaljevic at
ICQ: 201278527 | Gtalk: melita.mihaljevic |
PGP: 0xDB17A80C | |