support for wildcard certficates

Rahul Amaram rahul at synovel.com
Thu Jul 3 12:17:08 CEST 2008

Hi,
I have set up a ldap server with a wildcard certificate. Upon trying to
establish a TLS connection using python ldap, I get the error "TLS:
hostname does not match CN in peer certificate". This works fine if I
use a certificate with the exact domain name. Is this a bug? Are there
any known solutions to this? Looking forward to a response.

Thanks,
Rahul.

P.S: "ldapwhoami" command establishes a TLS connection properly even
when using a wild-card certificate. So I am assuming it might be a
problem with python-ldap library.