Really strange error

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sat Aug 2 10:12:22 CEST 2008

Jonathan,

please stay on the mailing list.

Jonathan Hansen wrote:
> Turned that on and it's a little more confusing because I can SEE
> results returned...

The output '=> LDAPError' in the trace log shows that an exception was
raised derived from an error code returned by the underlying OpenLDAP
client libs.

> PS: Here is the befuddling output in case it tells you more than it does
> me.

Note that the LDAP URL behind *** shows for which connection the
operation was invoked. So let's see...

> *** ldap://dc1.mv.corp.23andme.com:389 - SimpleLDAPObject.simple_bind
> (('user at Domain', 'password', None, None),{})
 > [..]
> *** ldap://ad-dc.my.company.example.com:389 -
> SimpleLDAPObject.search_ext

Obviously the servers differ. Check your code.