Certificate checking on LDAP over SSL connection

Alberto Lopes plone at alopes.com
Tue Dec 9 12:29:38 CET 2008

Dear friends,
I am using python-ldap indirectly, as a dependency for the LDAPUserFolder
product for Zope.

>From what I understood from the LDAPUserFolder code, it delegates the SSL
negotiation to the python-ldap library.

The problem is that when I try to make an LDAP connection over SSL (to a
MS-AD server), I get a "invalid certificate" message. How can I pass the
CAcertificate to the python-ldap layer in order to have it accepting the
server certificate?

I am using python-ldap in Windows, using the the OpenSSL and OpenLDAP DLLs
that I got from http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/download.shtml.

Please help me.

Best regards,

Alberto