Certificate checking on LDAP over SSL connection

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Dec 9 12:54:32 CET 2008

Alberto Lopes wrote:
> From what I understood from the LDAPUserFolder code, it delegates the
> SSL negotiation to the python-ldap library.

And further down the delegation path:
python-ldap -> OpenLDAP lib -> OpenSSL lib

> How can I pass the
> CAcertificate to the python-ldap layer in order to have it accepting the
> server certificate?

See Demo/initialize.py in python-ldap's source distribution.

In older versions of the OpenLDAP libs you can only set these options
globally. Not sure about 2.4.8.

I have no clue whether LDAPUserFolder makes it possible to set these
options though.