DSMLParser example

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Dec 18 10:30:14 CET 2008

Yves Dorfsman wrote:
> Michael: Can you confirm this is the way it was supposed to be used, I mean,
> is this class the sort of argument that should be used for ContentHandler ?
>
>> Yves Dorfsman wrote:
>>
>>> I have tried:
>>> x = dsml.DSMLParser(input_file, dsml.DSMLv1Handler)
>
> I have noted your observation about dsml v1, and will look at the new
> version, and see how far I get into implementing that.

AFAIK DSMLv2 is not a simple data format anymore. The point is that you
have to implement hooks for the LDAP operations. Similar problem with
the yet unimplemented support for change records in LDIF. The concept
should be the same. There are patches by Roland pending to be examined
for the LDIF module.