ldap.ENCODING_ERROR when trying to use SimplePageResultsControl

Joel Heenan Joel.Heenan at Optiver.com.au
Wed Mar 4 01:31:02 CET 2009

Hi Michael,

Comments inline:

> Michael Ströder wrote:
> Joel Heenan wrote:
>
> >   File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/ldap/controls.py", line
> 78,
> > in encodeControlValue
> >
> >     return _ldap.encode_page_control(size,cookie)
> >
> > ldap.ENCODING_ERROR
>
> It seems you're running on a 64-bit platform. I did never test
> python-ldap on such a system. Which version of python-ldap is it? Did
> you compile it yourself? Which versions of OpenLDAP libs are used?

I am using 64-bit RPM's compiled by RedHat for RHEL5.2 . The 32-bit variants are installed I'll see if I can work out how to force it to use them.

Here are the versions involved, but be aware RedHat versions include backporting so it can be difficult to say exactly what is included:

openldap-2.3.27-8.el5_1.3
openldap-devel-2.3.27-8.el5_1.3
python-ldap-2.2.0-2.1

> > Server is RHEL5.2
>
> Hmm, isn't this quite old? I'd guess old versions of python-ldap and
> OpenLDAP are shipped with this release.

Err RHEL5.2 is the latest stable I believe. RHEL5.3 may have been released. Not to be confused with RedHat 5.2 which is of course ancient :-)

Joel

Information contained in this communication (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged or subject to copyright.  If you have received this communication in error you are not authorised to use the information in any way and Optiver requests that you notify the sender by return email, destroy all copies and delete the information from your system.  Optiver does not represent, warrant or guarantee that this communication is free from computer viruses or other defects or that the integrity of this communication has been maintained.  Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender.  Optiver does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by this communication or its use.