tarball vs. download URL

Sidnei da Silva sidnei.da.silva at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 18:38:14 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
> Personally, I haven't had the need to search for a service that offers
> something like SF, including version control and bug tracking. I
> either use my own systems, or those used by the Zope developer
> community.
>
> One candidate you could look at, if you have a minute, is Launchpad.
> They have all kinds of nice services, but there's one big drawback:
> They force you onto their own VCS (bzr). I have not looked at any
> other sites like Google Code.

That's not true. You are not required to use bzr, you can easily host
your code somewhere. When setting up a project you have the option to
specify a CVS or Subversion repo URL. Regular code imports from CVS
and SVN are supported too, and many Zope projects are being mirrored
in Launchpad's Code Hosting. Soon git  will be supported for code
mirroring too.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Canonical Ltd.