License for python-ldap

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Jul 22 18:03:59 CEST 2009

David,

David Gotz wrote:
> I could not find any mention of a license in the
> documentation for python-ldap.  Can you tell me how
> python-ldap is opensourced?  Is it covered by the Python
> license?  OpenLDAP license? GPL?

It's definitely not GPL. There's a file LICENCE in python-ldap's source
distribution tar.gz.

Basically the intention is that whatever you can do with Python or
whereever you're allowed to deploy Python the same applies to
python-ldap. This could change in the future in such a way that we can
integrate python-ldap into the Python standard lib. Which means: The
license will be probably even more liberal.

You should definitely ask those questions on the python-ldap-dev mailing
list (Cc:-ed).