SASL GSSAPI under Win32 (was: Connection to AD on windows)

Torsten Kurbad python-ldap at tk-webart.de
Mon Aug 10 19:49:02 CEST 2009

Hi list,

>> Im using the 2.3.9 release I got here:
>> http://svn.kmrc.de/download/distribution/contrib/

> These are .egg files built by Torsten. Not sure what he did regarding Kerberos.

Sorry for my late reply.

To be honest, I did nothing regarding Kerberos. I just compiled a very
stripped down version of cyrus-sasl (following the guide on
https://wiki.mozilla.org/LDAP_C_SDK_SASL_Windows) and then linked it
statically to the python-ldap build, leaving out all plugin DLLs.

Theoretically it should be possible to statically link in the plugin
libs, too - I'll try that tomorrow, if I find the time. Anyway, that
would just give very basic functionality like MD5, but no Kerberos,
since cyrus only builds against Heimdal or MIT, which are not (yet)
available for Windows (and most probably never will be).

Michael, can you think of any LDAP-SASL-Kerberos combination that we
still might try to build on Windows? I once tried building cyrus against
KfW from the MIT site, hoping it would share enough common code with the
"real" MIT-Kerberos, but it seems to be a completely different
codebase...

Best regards,
Torsten