SASL GSSAPI under Win32

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 09:19:36 CEST 2009

I also had that same error trying digest-md5.
I still find it strange that with gssapi a SUCCESS exception is raised: it smells like a bug, or like a mismatch of libraries somehow.
The strange thing is that the version I use is supposed to be statically linked to the necessary libs, so that you won't have the DLL lookup issues. For dynamically linked versions one can always copy the dlls to system32, but that's fishy at best...

But I found a way to get it working without sasl at last with simple_bind_s and the ldap.OPT_REFERRALS option.
I had already read about this option, but it didn't help, until it turned out I had to supply valid account data to simple_bind_s (the so-called 'Bind DN and password', I guess). I had already tried all sorts of combinations, but not that one... (I'm new to LDAP as you might guess)

Thanks for your time!