SASL GSSAPI under Win32

Torsten Kurbad python-ldap at tk-webart.de
Thu Aug 20 09:28:48 CEST 2009

Hi Waldemar,

> My build is not static anymore.  Now I put all the required *.dll(s)
> into site-packages\ldap directory.
> I also put the _ldap.pyd in there too so the extension can find them.
> This approach work for all the dlls except the SASL plugins.

unfortunately, .dlls are relatively useless in conjunction with .eggs,
since there seems to be no proper way to bundle the two. That was the
reason for my static approach.

But here's my idea: I'll put up a documentation today on what I did to
get cyrus-sasl compiling successfully using MinGW.
Some minor modifications to that method should get us .dlls again
instead of static libs. When configuring the build, you can provide a
prospective location of the plugin .dlls, e.g. C:\sasl2. Perhaps that
would help to find all of the mechanisms.

If you have the time and nerves, we could do some 'conferencing' in
Google talk on the way...

Best regards,
Torsten
--
Never make anything simple and efficient when a way can be found to
make it complex and wonderful.              - Murphy's Law No. 13 -