Best way to add an implementation specific schema model?

Chris Dukes pakraticus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 16:24:23 CET 2009

I have to work with IBM Directory Server on a regular basis, and that
includes some nasty schema analysis for moving some history local schema
modifications to new versions of the product.
I was able to use ldap.schema to simplify most of the nastiness.

However, IBM extends the schema with the additional attribute
IBMAttributetypes, which describes chracteristics of how attributes will be
stored in the backend.

IBM was polite enough to document the grammar for this new attribute and
I'll be attempting to create an IBMAttributetype class to hold these.

Now, should I just add the new class to ldap.schema.models and submit a
patch once done?  Or should a long term approach of being able to indicate
the addition of server specific extensions be contemplated?

Thanks,
Chris Dukes