ldap.open() SSL patch

ygormutti at dcc.ufba.br ygormutti at dcc.ufba.br
Mon Apr 19 17:12:15 CEST 2010

Michael Ströder <michael at stroeder.com>:

> Just raising DeprecationWarning exception breaks existing code. I have to
> reject your patch. ;-)

I understand.

> I've checked in a solution which only outputs a warning (just like
> md5.py does
> in recent Python releases). So old code should still work.

I agree that this is a better solution for now.

BTW, python-ldap looks a little bit complicated to use. I wonder if it
has other functions just like ldap.open, making the API look more
complicated than it actually is. I think it would be nice for
python-ldap to have a major release with a simpler API.

I'll write a smaller API on top of python-ldap to ease the most
frequent use cases (simple authentication, searching, etc). If you
like the idea, maybe we can work together on it.

Thank you!

PS: Sorry for the bad english.

--
Ygor Mutti (http://icaju.com - @Mamutti)