Error to add objectClass to entries

Chaos Eternal chaoseternal at
Fri Aug 20 10:27:42 CEST 2010

you cannot alter/change stuctral objectClass of an existing entry

On 20 Aug 2010 4:08 PM, "Steeve BARBEAU" <steeve.barbeau at> wrote:

I'm new to this mailing list and I've a question concerning python-ldap.
I want to add some objectClass and attributes to existing entries but I have
this error :
ldap.OTHER: {'info': 'no structuralObjectClass operational attribute',
'desc': 'Internal (implementation specific) error'}

I'm using the add_s() function and I don't know if this is the good for
doing that.

PS : When I use the ldapmodify command with a ldif file and with the same
attributes than in my python code, it works.

You're help will be welcome, Thx

Steeve Barbeau

This email is sponsored by

Make an app they can't live without