How to find groups(CN) which contains specific words?

Michael Ströder michael at
Wed Dec 15 19:30:57 CET 2010

Zhang Huangbin wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2010, at 1:16 PM, Jahidul Hasan wrote:
>> I need to find those groups name which contains the word "ABC", is it
>> possible ?
>> base_dn = 'CN=ABC,OU=Common,DC=test,DC=com'
>> ldapConn.search_s(base_dn, ldap.SCOPE_SUBTREE)
>> Can I use %ABC% ?

Not in base_dn.

> LDAP search filter can be wild-card, use '*ABC*' instead.
> Reference:

The code snippet of the original poster above does not contain a search filter
at all. So additionally he should read:

ldapConn.search_s(base_dn, ldap.SCOPE_SUBTREE,filterstr='cn=*abc*')