Fwd: [pyasn1-users] ANN: pyasn1-0.0.13a & pyasn1-modules-0.0.1a released

Rich Megginson rich.megginson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 19:33:01 CET 2011

On 03/07/2011 11:19 AM, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Rich Megginson wrote:
>> RHEL does not include pyasn1.  But it is extremely useful for
>> extops/controls - doing BER codec by hand is not fun.
> Yupp!
>
>>   A mid-way
>> approach would be to expose the liblber ber_scanf/ber_printf and support
>> functions in python.
> Also an idea we already had. But I'm not a C programmer. So I'll stay away
> from that myself.
>
> But I will happily add a nice Python layer on top of your code. ;-}
> Make the C wrapper code as lean as possible.
The biggest problem I see is how to pass in arguments to the varadic
functions ber_scanf and ber_printf from python without completely
rewriting those functions to accept an array of format specifiers and a
corresponding array of values/pointers.  It may be easier to just bite
the bullet and add pyasn1 . . .