[python-ldap] Querying Active Directory excessively slower than querying eDirectory

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue May 17 14:14:01 CEST 2011

Thorsten,

without knowing more details one cannot really comment on this. Just wild guesses:

Something related to DNS?

Or referral chasing? (MS AD returns referrals)
Did you try to turn off automatic referral chasing?

Is the time measured only the call to connection.search_s() or does it include
connecting to the server?

Which is the search base? The search filter?

Ciao, Michael.