[python-ldap] Ldap connectors pool

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 10:03:52 CEST 2011

2011/9/20 Michael Ströder <michael at stroeder.com>:
> Hmm, being rather old-fashioned I'm not familiar with the context manager
> paradigm which was introduced in Python 2.5. It seems to be elegant but I'm
> not sure how common this is for developers using python-ldap.

Context manager just makes the code simpler, thanks to 'with'

But if it's just two method  (see my previous post) It's good enough,
I can add a context manager in my code.

> So far my posting "Minimum Python version supported by python-ldap?" sent 2nd
> August 2011 did not receive any answers...but this is relevant for that.

I'd keep Python 2.4 and onward. I rarely see 2.3 and less these days,
even in old RHEL flavors environments. Older softwares are probably
not evolving anymore.

Cheers
Tarek
--