[python-ldap] Issues installing py-ldap2

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Nov 11 19:05:50 CET 2011

McCann, Brian wrote:
> Because the setup.cfg is "stock" with the wrong directories when using
> FreeBSD, it's barfing.

Originally every installer/packager was supposed to tweak setup.cfg to contain
what's needed on a specific OS platform. So I did not take care of setting
library_dirs and library_dirs to be ready for a wide range of platforms.

But given PyPI and easy_install I'm willing to discuss a common setup.cfg
shipped in the source distribution which special cases on most platforms. I'm
aware that this can get very complicated alone for the various Linux distros.