[python-ldap] Windows binary builds for x64 with SSL

Jason R. Coombs jaraco at jaraco.com
Wed Nov 23 17:02:09 CET 2011

I'd like to see 64-bit builds of Python-LDAP with SSL support for Windows.

The builds on PyPI are built against 32-bit Python.

The builds by Christoph Grothe don't include SSL (because last I checked, he
doesn't want to deal with export control issues).

So it looks like I need to build them from source, but it seems even the
source is in CVS. So I've forked the code at
https://bitbucket.org/jaraco/python-ldap.

First question: Would the python-ldap maintainers consider using Mercurial
or Git for a repository? Feel free to use the converted repository on
Bitbucket for this purpose.

Second question: Does anyone have any tips on building python-ldap for
Windows?

Regards,

Jason