[python-ldap] Windows binary builds for x64 with SSL

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Nov 23 18:48:21 CET 2011

Jason R. Coombs wrote:
> So it looks like I need to build them from source, but it seems even the
> source is in CVS. So I’ve forked the code at
> https://bitbucket.org/jaraco/python-ldap.
>
> First question: Would the python-ldap maintainers consider using Mercurial or
> Git for a repository? Feel free to use the converted repository on Bitbucket
> for this purpose.

Yes, considering a distributed VCS but I don't have the time switching at the
moment. See also the mailing list archive for a discussion about that and my
disliking of cloned repos. I definitely won't do any support for that.

Mainly my personal view is: People have to flood me with patches solving real
problems to convince me to change anything. All my inquiries for input or code
help on this mailing list are lost like in a black hole. Switching the VCS
itself won't produce a single line of code.

If you have some spare time and interest in helping out this is a good
starting point looking what should be improved:

http://python-ldap.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/python-ldap/python-ldap/TODO?view=markup