[python-ldap] Unit tests in python-ldap CVS trunk

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Jan 6 08:43:04 CET 2012

David N. Smith wrote:
> I should mention it's only one test that's failing now ...
> test_bad_urls in Tests/t_ldapurl.py.  Everything else passes on my
> Ubuntu box.

Regarding tests there's this section in TODO:

Tests/
- Clean up and finish the mess of small test scripts started.
- Create a test script that exercises everything with a server
   holding the BLITS test data set

So basically there is no test suite which allows you to check a Python3
implementation of python-ldap. :-(

Usually when doing modifications I test with my web2ldap which triggers
most code within python-ldap even when just connecting and SASL binding
to my local test server.

The bad URL tests in Tests/t_ldapurl.py fail because syntax checking for
various data in LDAP URLs is not implemented yet but David added very
strict test cases. The parser is quite liberal and leaves stricter
checks up to the calling application. This is debatable though.