[python-ldap] Can't get a more specific exception when binding to LDAP server

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Mon Oct 29 19:46:04 CET 2012

Mihai Tabara wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Michael Ströder <michael at stroeder.com
> <mailto:michael at stroeder.com>> wrote:
>
>     Using -e ppolicy with OpenLDAP command-line tool sends the password policy
>     control along with the (simple) bind request.
>
>     Check out Demo/pyasn1/ppolicy.py in recent python-ldap source distribution to
>     learn how to do that with python-ldap 2.4.6+.
>
> I have found the indicated script, within full-explanation about the password
> policy control, but, unfortunately I am still unable to get what I want.

Ah, sorry! Forgot this line in TODO:

- Attach response controls to LDAPError instances to deliver the
  controls to the calling application in case of an error

It means that response controls cannot be received by the application if the
resultCode is not 0. This is a serious deficiency of the current
implementations. C coders want to fix that.