[python-ldap] Question modifyModlist

Bas van der Vlies bas.vandervlies at surfsara.nl
Wed Jan 23 10:33:41 CET 2013

Hello,

  I am using the function to replace attribute values. The generated ldif is always:
{{{
   (ldap.MOD_DELETE, "gidNumber", None),
   (ldap.MOD_ADD, "gidNumber", gid_new),
}}}

For most situations this is good, but for this situation i only want to replace the gidnumber only if it matches the old value, e.g.:
{{{
   (ldap.MOD_DELETE, "gidNumber", gid_old),
   (ldap.MOD_ADD, "gidNumber", gid_new),
}}}

I could not find an option for modifyModlist() to generate this ldif. is this possible?

regards

--
Bas van der Vlies
mail:  bas at surfsara.nl