[python-ldap] Installation instructions, python-ldap for HP-UX

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sat Feb 9 12:56:21 CET 2013

Bill Allen wrote:
> I have installed open-ldap on my HP-UX server, but I am having trouble
> installing the python-ldap software.  It appears that I need to adjust
> the config file in some way, but I am unclear what the configuration
> setting sets for HP-UX need to be for the install to work.   Has
> anyone successfuly installed on HP-UX?

Are you familiar with compiling software written in C?
Did you already install all the software required to build python-ldap?

http://www.python-ldap.org/doc/html/installing.html#prerequisites

The set of software depends on your requirements. But basically you have to
build and install at least Python and the OpenLDAP libs.