[python-ldap] Solaris, Python-LDAP, Apache: SEGFAULT due to shared library mismatch?

Steffen Moser lists at steffen-moser.de
Thu Aug 29 23:19:42 CEST 2013

Hi Chris,

On 8/29/13 8:08 PM, Chris Dukes wrote:
> Steffen,
>
> I had similar headaches with Apache and python-ldap and Django and AIX.

So presumably the same problem: AIX also comes with its own,
proprietary LDAP libraries...

> In the end I tossed mod_wsgi for apache and went with one of the fastcgi
> modules and the python pieces as a separate daemon.

OK, that would be an option.

> Our load was fairly low, so the fastcgi daemon capability that ships
> with Django was enough.

I'll propose that to our Python developer tomorrow.

As far as I can estimate the load that the application will cause,
this should suffice for us. Thank you very much for your hint!

> If load had been higher I'd have gone with greenunicorn and moved the
> python bits to Linux.

I also thought about this. We have some Linux VMs running on our big
Solaris box, so that would also be an option.

But, I think, FastCGI should most probably be the solution for us.

Regards,
Steffen