[python-ldap] Error with expiring accounts

Polkosnik, Adam adam.polkosnik at ny.frb.org
Tue Mar 4 20:35:14 CET 2014

I've not seen any mucking of any of those things, it goes something like this:

               import ldap, ldapurl
                try:
                    l = ldap.initialize('ldap://myldapserver:1390')
                    l.protocol_version = 3
                    l.set_option(ldap.OPT_REFERRALS,0)
                    l.set_option(ldap.OPT_TIMEOUT, app_timeout)
                    logger.info("Logging in username: %s" % usern)
                    l.simple_bind_s(usern, userp)
                    return usern
                except ldap.INVALID_CREDENTIALS:
                    logger.info("Invalid credentials: %s" % usern)
                except Exception, err:
                    logger.info("LDAP Auth error: %s" % err)

Adam Polkosnik