[python-ldap] Modifying AD nTSecurityDescriptor

Robert Meany robert.meany at gmail.com
Sun May 11 03:51:44 CEST 2014

Hey,

A couple weeks ago I posted a question about querying the
nTSecurityDescriptor to update the 'user cannot change password' flag for
active directory accounts.  The general consensus was that you needed to
use ADSI or win32com objects to work with the security descriptor...  Just
wanted to let folks know, in case anyone else in the future is looking for
this functionality in pure python, that I wrote some code to manipulate the
nTSecurityDescriptor attribute directly through LDAP.  I posted an article,
along with source code on my blog at http://www.robertmeany.com  ... Feel
free to use.