[python-ldap] ldap.init_fd() patch for python-ldap-2.4.15

Mark R Bannister mark at proseconsulting.co.uk
Wed Sep 10 18:54:25 CEST 2014

On 10/09/2014 13:43, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Mark R Bannister wrote:
>> I needed ldap.init_fd(), so I wrote a patch.  Please find attached. Hope this
>> works for you too.  I've only tested on OpenSuSE.
> Could you please elaborate on why you need that?
>
> Ciao, Michael.

Hi Michael,

Yes of course.  I have a multi-threaded server that maintains a pool of
worker threads.  Each thread can manage multiple client requests, and
each client request may be processing a different LDAP connection.  The
main worker loop needs to select() on a list of file descriptors to see
if there is any pending I/O to process. This might be new incoming
sockets, new commands received from existing clients, or new data
received from an asynchronous LDAP operation.

I therefore need ldap.init_fd() so that I have a file descriptor that I
can pass to select().

Best regards,
Mark.