[python-ldap] Project to support VLV and SSS controls...

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sat Apr 18 18:58:32 CEST 2015

Benjamin Dauvergne wrote:
> I started a project to implement VLV and SSL controls[1], it's nearly
> finished. My intentions are to propose it for integration inside
> ldap.controls when it's really finished. My first tests gives strange
> results with OpenLDAP; my understanding of the control fields are wrong
> or OpenLDAP implementation is buged; I'm still not sure for now.
>
> [1]: https://github.com/bdauvergne/python-ldap-vlv

Sorry, it's been a long time since that.

I have reviewed your code. With your permission I'd like to add the
request/response control stuff to python-ldap. You have to confirm by e-mail
to this list that you want that and that no 3rd party has any rights for your
code.

I object to your class SSSVLVPagedLDAPObject derived from LDAPObject since
setting class-wide attributes specific for a certain search invocation is not
thread-safe.