[python-ldap] TCP_NO_DELAY

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Apr 28 17:20:22 CEST 2015

Gabriel Calin wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the right way to post.
> Is there any way I can set TCP_NO_DELAY when using the ldap library? We
> have performance issues because it seems that by default it isn't set.

What makes you believe that TCP_NO_DELAY would help with your performance
issues? How does your connection management work?

It might be better to ask on the openldap-technical mailing list about the
inner workings of OpenLDAP's libldap. My knowledge is limited. But I'd expect
that requests are flushed out to wire by libldap pretty quickly.

Given a recent python-ldap 2.4.17+ you can get the file descriptor of the LDAP
connection out of LDAPObject instance.