[python-ldap] State of Mac OS X support

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Feb 24 08:22:30 EST 2016

Rob McBroom wrote:
> On 24 Feb 2016, at 4:04, Michael Ströder wrote:
>
>> I usually ignore even blog posts. But blog comments I never read.
>
> I have a browser plug-in called “Shut Up!” that does its best to hide comments
> on every site. :-)
>
>> Therefore it would be nice if you contribute a small text summarizing the
>> current situation to be added on the download page.
>
> You can just use PyPI with setuptools, as recommended at the top of the page,
> but you’ll probably want a note about the prerequisites since it won’t work out
> of the box.
>
> For that, I would just recreate the third bullet-point from Homebrew’s docs:
>
> https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/share/doc/homebrew/Installation.md#requirements

Please let us be more precise since I'm not familiar with all those terms:

Are you referring to this text?

"Command Line Tools for Xcode: xcode-select --install,
https://developer.apple.com/downloads or Xcode 3"

Or is the whole homebrew system needed?

Would a sentence like "install xcode and then install via pip" summarize it?