[python-ldap] HTTPS etc.

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 08:49:51 EST 2016

On 02/24/2016 04:05 AM, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Philipp Hahn wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Am 23.02.2016 um 21:54 schrieb Michael Ströder:
>>> Some of you might have noticed that python-ldap.org web site moved, especially
>>> to make it accessible via HTTPS.
>>
>> As you seem to spend time on the infrastructure, what about moving from
>> CVS to some distributed VCS,
>
> baby steps...
>
>> preferable git?
>
> mercurial...

As the project leader it's your choice but I would strongly encourage
git over mercurial. Why? The vast majority of open source projects I
work with use git, mercurial is the odd exception. That means git is
familiar, comfortable and enjoys a wide array of 3rd party tools. Every
time I have to work with mercurial I get stuck because nothing is
familiar. Not sure how others feel but I would prefer to be an expert in
only one source code control system.

--
John