[python-ldap] My Python project

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Oct 12 07:20:08 EDT 2016

Joey,

Joey Hendricks wrote:
> My name is Joey Hendricks and i,m a 20 year old programming student.
> And I have been using your package "python-ldap latest version" in my python
> program I have been building this program for a school project.
> And might want to sell my project afterwards but my program makes use of your
> package "python-ldap latest version".
> It imports your package in order to make a connection to a Active directory and
> check data in the Active directory.
>
> And i,m wondering if i can use your package in my program and sell at a later
> point because I want to do this fair and right and don't wanna wrong you or
> commit plagiarism.

The intention of using the rather blurry term "Python style license" was to
allow everything which is allowed with Python itself.

My more verbose answer in the mailing list archive summarizing the small issues
is still valid:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ldap/2012q2/003119.html

Mainly this is one of the reasons why forking python-ldap code to make it work
for Python 3.x is not an optimal solution.