[python-ldap] Tests run by hand

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Feb 1 13:43:26 EST 2017

Petr Viktorin wrote:
> On 01/09/2017 05:32 PM, Michael Ströder wrote:
>> Petr Viktorin wrote:
>>> These tests:
>>>
>>> Tests/Lib/ldap/schema/test_tokenizer.py
>>> Tests/Lib/ldap/test_modlist.py
>>> Tests/Lib/test_ldapurl.py
>>>
>>> only signal failure by printing to stdout. This makes them cumbersome to run
>>> automatically.
>>> Is there a reason for this behavior?
>>
>> Ancient historic artefacts before automated testing got normal. ;-)
>>
>>> Would you accept a patch that converts them to unittest and adds them to
>>> runtests.sh?
>
> It's low priority, other projects are taking up a lot of my time, but I'm slowly
> working on this.

Take your time.

> I noticed that the last two test cases in Tests/Lib/ldap/schema/test_tokenizer.py
> (marked "for Oracle") fail.
> Unfortunately LDAP tokenization is beyond my experience, I can't tell what the behavior
> should be here. Can you shed some light on it?

Well, I tried to work around some interop issues with non-LDAPv3-compliant schema
definitions in Oracle Internet Directory (OID) and therefore added these test-cases.

This was ages ago and not successful anyway. I also don't have access to OID myself and
therefore I can't tell whether that's still relevant today. So I'd recommend to simply
ignore (comment) this test-cases.