[python-ldap] result_type of connection.result()

Dave Peticolas dave at krondo.com
Wed Feb 1 23:22:26 EST 2017

Hi, I've noticed (using versions 2.4.19 and 2.4.29) that the result_type
tuple returned by result() is sometimes RES_SEARCH_ENTRY when all=1 using
the default from not passing in "all" despite the docstring which seems to
say it should always be RES_SEARCH_RESULT.

The scenario where this is happening is that multiple asynchronous searches
are started and then the results are requested for each one by explicitly
passing specific msgid values for each one, but with all=1.

Note this doesn't always happen. It seems to be related to the order the
results are returned from the server.

Am I just reading the docstring incorrectly?

thanks,
dave