[python-ldap] Patch: ldap.syncrepl UUID constructors use bytes (Python 3 compatbility)

James Andrewartha jamesa at daa.com.au
Mon Jun 5 11:01:44 EDT 2017

On Mon, 5 Jun 2017, Michael Ströder wrote:

> AFAIK the built-in function bytes() was introduced in Python 2.6. So unfortunately this
> raises a question about back-ward compability to older Python versions.
>
> Which versions of Python 2.x still have to be supported by today's python-ldap?

RHEL 6 shipped with Python 2.6 in 2010, that is the oldest distro I'd
reasonably expect to be supported today. You could argue for 2.7 since
that was also released in 2010 and is easily availble for RHEL 6.

[apologies to Michael and Karl for three copies - I forgot I was
subscribed from an email address that is forwarded elsewhere]

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |