[python-ldap] Anyone using python-ldap's dsml module?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Aug 15 11:31:14 EDT 2017

HI!

Is anyone here using the dsml module shipped with python-ldap?

Rather I'd like to drop dsml module from python-ldap for these reasons:
- it only supports DSMLv1
- AFAIK no-one uses it anyway
- it's stand-alone and could be easily shipped as separate module if needed
- I have no spare-time maintaining it

So if anyone would like use it any longer speak up now.

See below the output of static code analyser bandit
(see https://pypi.python.org/pypi/bandit) for the reason why I'm asking.
I won't spend time for investigating this in detail.

Ciao, Michael.