[python-ldap] caching support in LDAPObject.search_ext_s()

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Mon Sep 4 05:27:29 EDT 2017

HI!

For various reasons it's sometimes useful to cache search results. As usual one has to
use that with care.

I've implemented low-level search caching in web2ldap and module aedir [1] but I wonder
whether it might be generally useful.

Before I back-port this to python-ldap two questions:

1. Do people here consider it to be useful?
Note that IMHO higher-level caching of response data in your application might be more
useful.

2. Integrate it with SimpleLDAPObject (the base class) or use a derived class or even a
mix-in class?

Ciao, Michael.

[1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/aedir