[python-ldap] syncrepl fix for pyasn1 >= 0.3

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sat Nov 11 17:34:06 EST 2017

Ilya Etingof wrote:
> I’d only suggest slight re-wording for this piece of code:
>
>           self.result = int(p.getComponentByName('virtualListViewResult'))
>           self.result_code = p.getComponentByName(‘virtualListViewResult’).prettyOut(self.result)
>
> Into something like this mostly for clarity:
>
>           self.result = int(p.getComponentByName('virtualListViewResult'))
>           self.result_code = p.getComponentByName(‘virtualListViewResult’).prettyPrint()

When reviewing sss.py and vlv.py I wondered why I've accepted those
modules like this back then.

Especially I wonder whether attribute .result_code should be set at all
because the calling application could easily invoke .prettyPrint()
itself if needed.

I'm inclined to drop those lines for sake of performance.

> ps. I’m working on adding defaults to the pyasn1 getters.

Great!