[python-ldap] ANN: python-ldap 2.5.2

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Mon Nov 20 13:02:57 EST 2017

Michael Ströder wrote:
> Find a new release of python-ldap:
>
>    https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-ldap/2.5.2

A further note about this release:

The massive code changes under the hood are mainly breaking the chains
of back-ward compability to Python versions prior 2.7. It is meant as a
major cleanup and is not fully finished yet. There might be an option
for Python 3 support from here.

Your code which worked with Python 2.7 and python-ldap up to 2.4.45
should still run without any issues. If there are any compat issues
please let me know ASAP so I can quickly provide a fix.

Developers who are stuck with Python versions prior 2.7 should still
continue to use python-ldap 2.4.45.